Monday, January 12, 2009

Dwarfs: 1 month 2250 - Can it be done?

So I was informed through my cousin's blog and talking with Wong that there is a local 2250 Fantasy tourney on Feb. 7. Now I see this as an opportunity to push myself to paint up the Dwarfs that have been recently acquired... The only problem, Feb, 7 is less than 1 month away, and this would require speed painting (something that I have never done before)! I would take up to a week or so to paint 10 guys in past situations, but now, with the whip cracking, it is time to get this project moving! At 2250 I will take a list like the following:

~Runelord W/anvil - RoSpellbreaking, RoStone, RoPreservation, shield
~BSB - MRoGromril, RoPreservation, RoFurnace
~Dragon slayer
~25 Warriors FC, shield
~15 Longbeards FC, Shields, RoStoicism, RoBattle on unit
~10 Thunderers shields
~19 Hammerers FC, shield , RoCoruage on unit
~10 Slayers 1 of which is Giant slayer
~Grudge Thrower Rune of Accuracy, Rune of Penetrating
~Bolt Thrower RoBurning, RoPenetration, Engineer
~Bolt thrower RoPenetration, Engineer
~Organ Gun
~Gyrocopter

::sigh::

A lot of work, I own everything listed above but the anvil (I know it's a huge part of the list), and the slayers... **Edit to Original Post, I just went on to ebay and got an Anvil and 10 Slayers for $56, they should arrive in 2-5 Business Days**

I painted the Gyro and the 2 Bolt Throwers, and so it begins!

If I don't get this list done, at least I'll have a lot more finished than I do now - and that's what it's all about.

P.S. I also have the Ogres as a backup

1 comment:

  1. Haha... my options are:
    1. Speedpaint about 150 Night Gobbos.
    and
    2. Bring the Ogres.

    I think I'ma bring the ogres. I need some more iron guts tho.

    ReplyDelete