Friday, January 9, 2009

The Great Eldar Acquisition

'You know Hoj, we all have tons of small armies and extra bitz lying around from failed side projects'
- Drew the Bangstick

So I decided to practice painting skills on some Eldar Guardians as their open stance and low amount of detail would be perfect for trying some color combos and a scheme or two that I wanted to do. So I hop on e-bay to look for some cheap Guardians and... Find a deal for about 50 of them for about $50... Don't see it's painted, hit buy it now and go awe fuck. Turns out they are painted green armor with bone helms. Guy offers the rest of the army they belong to for a total of $200, all painted, I say sure what the hell and get:

12 jetbikes (3 with S cannon)
3 vipers with missile launcher
1 wraithlord
1 avatar
10 firedragons
1 farseer
4 seer council warlocks
1 spirit seer for wraithlord
30 guardians with 2 laser platforms
14 storm guardians

Nice start to an Eldar army with no work required. I call Drew, tell him, show him the pics - and guess what, he had an Eldar army in a very similar scheme (green armor slightly darker and white helms). I strike a deal with this mo fo to round out the army and get:

Autarch w/ bike
Dire Avengers x 9 W/ Exarch
Dire Avengers x 9 W/ Exarch
Dire Avengers x 9 W/ Exarch
Warpspiders x5 (My favorite Eldar Models!!) W/ Exarch
Swooping Hawks x6 W/ Exarch
D Cannons x3

So without renaming my site again ::cries:: The Eldar are painted up, good to go, and should deserve a spot in my site name, I mean it's like about 3k points with upgrades...

So now my Current Army Standing looks like this:

- WFB
Ogres - Painted 90% Drew is touching up details, good to go well over 2,500 points when done
Dwarfs - All Assembled, painted Gyro and 2 Bolt Throwers, long way to go - tons of warriors, undisclosed amount of hammerers, ironbreakers, and thunderers, 12 quarrelers, etc... all in all over 2,500 points

- 40K
Eldar - 100% painted ready to go, around 3,000 points (all depends on upgrades)
Orks - I own about 100 Sluggas, 2 Warboss, about 20 Nobz, 10 Shootas, 6 Koptas unpainted...

- For Sale
WHFB
Empire - about 2,000 Steam tank, 2 mages, tons of knights, spearmen, free companies, etc...
40k
Witch Hunters / IG - In talks with DJ Brian to off this lot

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking of buying a ready to go Necron Army.

    I dunno though. I'd like to have a little more experience with Fantasy. I was at games workshop today, they're having a 2250 Fantasy tourny on February 7th. I'm thinking of showing up with my Lizards or Ogres. You guys want in?

    ReplyDelete