Thursday, January 22, 2009

Update on Standing Armies

Fantasy:

Ogres - Drew needs to move his ass on the Gnoblars and details... This is my backup for a tourney, they need to be completed ASAP

Dwarfs - I need to move my ass on painting, 2 weeks and 2 days to the tourney and I have little to show in the way of completed works, and I'm still waiting for my BSB to come in the mail!

Empire - Ebay, oh, so soon you will be gone! Posting them on there once things calm down a little (done painting Dwarfs, etc...)

40K:

Eldar - Painted, done, ready to be played... Or sold for a profit! Will be sold on ebay (andf since it's painted, oh the money will flow!!). Only issue is (as I stated before) the army is in 2 different color schemes. Solution - sell them as 2 seperate lots 1 at a time! I'll sell the first round, see what price I can fetch for it, then IFF I like the money, I'll put the 2nd Lot (aka Drew's old Eldar, now Mine) on there, worst case (and probable) I will keep the 1,000 points of Drew's and use that when / if I play 40K until I get my Orks on the ball.

Marines - ?? - Apparently after 3 years, Ray K. is deciding to give my old marine army back to me... Painted to the highest standard, they too will wander into the ebay circut once the eldar is sold (I don't want to de-value one army by placing a second or third one up at the same time). I dislike Marines and all the fanboy love they get, not to mention the unyielding support of GW and a new Dex every x years where x< or = 3 years while other armies wait since 3rd edition for an update (about 10 or so years for Orks / Dark eldar). Everyone loves marines, so people will bid on them.

Orkz - Ahh here's the heart of my 40K desire. With the new edition of 40K, no one of my group seems to want to play. Well, I know Cash will play and stores (GW, Complete, Game Room, etc...) all favor 40K so a match won't be hard to find. I have tons of Sluggas (way to many) and not enough Shootas... Problem here, I will have to Dakka Swap and Shop or ebay sluggas and buy Shootas / Lootas. Ray K. Also has a 1,000 point Ork army he wants to off. Depending what's in it, I'll buy that and start from there... All I know is this army is going to be a horde.

IG / Sisters / Witch Hunters - Sold last night to Cash. He gets what he wanted, and I now have cash to blow on Orkz, it was a win / win.

2 comments:

  1. i would still you rather bring the dwarves, even if i have to help you paint them. just not the characters. mainly because i think you would do better and enjoy yourself more.

    with ogres low model count, leadership magic among other things will make you want to kill people especially with some of the armies that will be there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fuck my life...

    Back to painting tonight ::sigh::

    ReplyDelete